The Kiwanis Motto
Serving The Children Of The World
The Kiwanis Defining Statement
Kiwanis is a global organization of volunteers dedicated to improving the world, one child and one community at a time.
The Objects of Kiwanis
The six permanent Objects of Kiwanis International were approved by Kiwanis club delegates at the 1924 International Convention in Denver, Colorado. Through the decades, they have remained unchanged.
1. To give primacy to the human and spiritual rather than to the material values of life.
2. To encourage the daily living of the Golden Rule in all human relationships.
3. To promote the adoption and the application of higher social, business, and professional standards.
4. To develop, by precept and example, a more intelligent, aggressive, and serviceable citizenship.
5. To provide, through Kiwanis clubs, a practical means to form enduring friendships, to render altruistic service, and to build better communities.
6. To cooperate in creating and maintaining that sound public opinion and high idealism which make possible the increase of righteousness, justice, patriotism, and goodwill.
Lyrics of "Hail Kiwanis"
Hail Kiwanis International,
Long may her banner wave o'er hill and vale.
Rally round her standards,
We will never fail.
Kiwanis International, Hail, Hail, Hail !